Sunday, May 1, 2011

God's Symphony

Yesterday after running errands and doing some much needed yard work, I opened up a bottle of cold green tea and sat down on my porch steps of my townhouse.  I have a crape myrtle tree in my front yard, and it is not very tall.  A female cardinal came and perched on a branch on the tree. I didn't dare breathe, we were literally a foot apart. I watched her carefully, wondering what the bird would do.

Her beak opened, and to my delight, I heard the bird calling. I have been hearing bird calls for some time, but couldn't match the bird call to the individual bird.  I can now.  She continued with her bird song for a bit, then flew off.

I definitely, positively know what a Cardinal's bird call sounds like.  I am hearing birds inside my townhouse, especially if I am near a window, or in the kitchen.  I can hear bird calls even in the city among other noises. I can pick out bird sounds. To me it sounds like a lot of bird chirping and tweeting - even sharp whistling sounds.

I think sounds of nature must be God's Symphony.  I cannot yet hear squirrels. 

I am hearing more environmental sounds besides sounds of nature.  I heard an ambulance siren last week.  It is definitely a noisy world.

Hearing with a cochlear implant is such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment