Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rain, Sleet, Thunder Snow Showers, then Snow

Today I worked from home. I had been hearing all week how we were going to get some "significant" snow. I admit I was skeptical. We started with rain, sleet, ice and ending as snow. Lots of it.

While working late this afternoon, I heard this rumbling noise. At first I thought it was a very hard rain (it was raining hard). Then I heard this rumbling, and it sounded like thunder. I realized the rumbling noise were thunder snow showers. Later, it began snowing about one to two inches an hour.

Thunder Snow Showers are pretty noisy. It was an amazing sound to hear, and it was hard to miss it. The snow has stopped, but it was a heavy, wet, sloppy snow. It will refreeze tonight. Many people are without power because of gusty winds. The lights kept flickering all day and I had a brown out or two for a few seconds. There was enough snow that I could not get a signal to watch the news this evening. I had to go out back with a broom and clear snow off the satellite dish.

I was glad I was home working and not out in this sloppy mess, trying to get home. I will shovel out in the morning. I guess I get to find out what shoveling wet heavy snow sounds like.Amazing what sounds I have heard since November 11th post-implant.

No comments:

Post a Comment