Saturday, September 11, 2010

Just today- I was reminded of the limitations of being deaf

I was running errands most of the day and my last stop - wouldn't you know it, was the grocery store. Inside the grocery store, I nearly backed into someone I didn't see. I apologized. He was a good sport about that. Well after buying groceries that had to be refrigerated, my car wouldn't start. I knew the battery was purchased in 2004 and I had just had the car serviced. The batteries last five years, so it may be time for a new one.

I knew texting Triple A was going to be a lost cause on a busy Saturday afternoon - and a warm day besides.  Three earthly angels, one of who was my next door neighbor, gave me a jump and as we live a mile from the grocery store, getting home wasn't an issue. Thank God for that!

If the car doesn't start tomorrow morning, I know what I'll be doing on Monday morning, purchasing a new car battery.

Always invest in a good pair of jump cables and keep them in your car. I have one of those milk crate boxes in which I keep the jump cables in.  The cheap ones are no good.

I have 31 days until the day of surgery. There is so much to be done before then.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment