Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two Weeks Post Second CI Surgery

It was two weeks ago today that I had my second cochlear implant surgery.  I took my last pain pill last night. From now on if the ear starts to throb like a toothache, it is Advil.  Any discomfort I have had has been very manageable.  At no time was I ever in excruciating pain. Even my hand where the IV was has nearly healed. That vein swelling is gone, and so is the bruising. Any jaw pain I had is gone.

My hair isn't growing in fast enough to suit me. I definitely am going to have shorter hair.  That's okay.  We have been enjoying some beautiful sunny days with warm temperatures for the month of March.  I am not complaining. I still have my remaining hair pinned away from my newly implanted ear with hair jaw clips. As the weather is getting warmer, I think I want my hair up.

The stitches are not completely dissolved.  That may not happen for another week. For some reason it feels like it is taking longer for the stitches to dissolve this second CI surgery.  I think it is going to take another three days or so to clear out any pain meds out of my system.

I feel more rested than I have in a long time.  I definitely am sleeping well. No more naps. I am really looking forward to hearing "surround sound" out of both ears on March 27th.

I am trying to let it sink in that on March 27th I will be hearing with TWO cochlear implants. I was always going to get a cochlear implant "someday."  After I realized what ONE cochlear implant could do, I wanted MORE.

On March 27th, "someday" will have arrived. It still seems surreal.

Hearing is such a gift, and yes, my world is about to become noisier!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Mindy! "Noise" is good!!!!!! YAY!!! So happy your surgery went well and that your recovery is progressing beautifully! This blog will help you - and will certainly help others! Hang in there kiddo! Hugs, Ruth

    ReplyDelete