Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Sunny Sunday

The "Woozies" are still with me. The dizziness is not as severe as it was on October 15th post-surgery. I feel steadier on my feet as each day progresses. Next week I am going to try to tackle laundry and light housekeeping around the house. I am still cleaning my surgically implanted ear. The stitches have not dissolved yet.  I have two weeks' growth of hair where my hair was shaved off prior to surgery.

I no longer hear anything out of my left ear. I see why some people refer to a non-functioning ear as their "dead ear." Right now that is exactly what my left ear feels like. That's okay. I am neither upset nor frightened by this. I know that ear is still healing post-surgery. My right ear, which is technically my "better ear," has taken over. I still wear a behind the ear hearing aid in that ear. I am relying on my right ear for "hearing," until Activation Day which will be sometime next month.

I now see the wisdom of having one ear implanted at a time. I can't imagine how much worse the "Woozies," would have been if I had gone through binaural implantation.

I am neither anxious nor impatient about Activation Day. I am in a patient, waiting state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment