Thursday, October 28, 2010

Too Ambitious

So much for doing light housework and laundry. I keep getting sidetracked. I'd do a little bit here and a little bit there, but I didn't get as much accomplished as I meant to or wanted to. I did take another shower and washed my greasy hair. Since I have an oily scalp, washing my hair every three days is a necessity.

I have made some new on-line friends who have undergone CI surgery. I did get some questions answered.  I discovered that the cold intolerance was pretty common in people after they have been through surgery and anesthesia.  The cold intolerance happened DAYS after the surgery. That figures. I tend to have a delayed reaction to everything, INCLUDING experiencing what I call the "Woozies." The Woozies are not totally gone, and may not fully go away until Activation Day. Oh, Joy. I was also advised NOT to drive to my appointment on Activation Day, to have someone else drive. The sounds of traffic may sound different than what I am used to, that's why.

I could not tell after my shower whether the stitches dissolved or not. I am still cleaning the incision area where my left ear was implanted.  Well, a friend is coming over this Sunday, I will have her peek at the incision site and see what she says. I still have brusing around my left eye but it is fading. Right now it looks blue/green/yellow. 

I tried the on-line grocery delivery service last Friday. They were prompt, efficient and I still have not gone through last week's groceries yet.  It may be another week before I order groceries to be delivered. Still no cabin fever.  I come outside to get my mail and to leave out the trash bags for pick-up. So far, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment