Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Woozies - one week post surgery

Today it has been one week post surgery. How time flies.  My biggest challenges are what a friend appropriately calls "The Woozies."  That pretty much describes my post surgery state at the moment.  I am still struggling with a sense of imbalance and wooziness. That, and ringing in the ears - mostly my left ear.

This started Friday, October 15th and hasn't stopped.  It is getting better, but I still feel pretty unsteady on my feet. I guess my brain and surgically implanted left ear are still trying to figure out what is firm ground.

No signs of infection, or middle ear infection, fever, anything like that.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I even have a week's growth of hair where the left side of my head was shaved above my left ear.  The surgeon must have done the prepping AFTER I was under anesthesia.  Smart move.

The cold intolerance lasted a day.  I still haven't figured out why I was so cold when it was 73 degrees outside. I'll take 100 degrees in the shade to feeling cold anytime.

I had a nice surprise this afternoon. A college friend of my mother's, had a florist deliver a beautiful pot of miniature yellow roses in a bright yellow ceramic pot with a smile face on it. I will have to take a picture of it!

I am slowly getting my energy back.  I should be finished with antibiotics by Thursday. I no longer need to take a nap during the day.

I am glad I decided to go with paper goods, plastic ware and a lot of microwaving. I made myself an egg omelet this morning with a little cheese and some bean, corn salsa. Just a little. It was pretty good, and the omelet didn't fall apart. The trick to that is low heat, all the way through. I need to tidy up the kitchen a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment